Tuesday, May 10, 2016

20 Time Final Reflection!!!


My 20 time project is my Gold Award for Girl Scouts and it is geared towards helping others. My project's goal was to spread the PPBS program to at least one other school. I challenged myself because I pushed my boundaries; I had to make requests and be persistent with people to the point where I felt pushy (something I was not comfortable with, but something that had to be done). I’ve learned that everything does not come to us, we have to really fight tooth and nail to get people to notice you in this busy world. You have to be your own advocate. My goal was to propose my idea to the district office, and through that, start talking to school districts to propose my idea to specific districts. My project's still in the process, but I have gotten a date to present to two schools. I am hoping that these schools decide to take up this program (which they most probably will). If I could change anything about this project, I would have started this project earlier so that everything wasn’t clumping up within this last month of May. For my next steps, I hope to fully implement this program into one of the schools in the districts I will be presenting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment